“Maths in a Suitcase” brings the maths centre to your school !
It provides hands on experiments and activities that are suitable for a wide age range – from Reception, Key Stage 1 through to Key Stage 3. The exhibits are accessible at some level to everyone regardless of age, ability, experience or gender. The hands on style ensure the exhibits attract, engage and extend - everyone has the opportunity to participate.
The hands on exhibits and activities enhance and complement the maths curriculum and support mathematical thinking – children are encouraged:
• to observe – to look for patterns, to look for the unusual
• to estimate – to recognise changes
• to formulate their own ideas - to make predictions
• to communicate – to discuss their ideas with their friends
• to develop problem solving skills
• to engage in the same activities as some of the great mathematicians – past and present - to combine creative thinking and experimental evidence